An overseas Pakistani lodged a complaint against PIA

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abdullah
Registered Member

Re: An overseas Pakistani lodged a complaint against PIA

Post by Abdullah »

This story further more expended; The Express Tribune reported.

PIA: A case of stale bread

KARACHI: For Sara Zafar Malik travelling to Birmingham from Islamabad with her two young kids and husband entailed the usual chores – catching the flight on time, settling in amid the chaos of passengers vying over space for their luggage and simultaneously making sure everyone in her family remained comfortable.

But little did she know that the Pakistan International Airlines’ (PIA) flight PK-791, which departed on the afternoon of April 26, would lead to her being an object of internet ridicule by hundreds back home.

When lunch was served an hour into the flight, Malik unwrapped a piece bread. “At first I thought it was a normal fruit bun. But when I turned it over, there was green fungus all over it. It was really bad,” she told The Express Tribune.

She took pictures of that bread, joked about it with her husband and returned the meal tray without registering any complaint with the crew.

“I thought what’s the point? I’ll just share these pictures on Facebook so my friends can be careful.”

When they were finally uploaded a day later, those pictures were shared at a lightning speed. “Many random people appreciated what I did. They said this would help create awareness,” she said.

The incident came to the notice of Islamabad-based Aviation Division and PIA. A man named Jawad Nazir contacted Sara on Facebook. “He asked me if I could be compensated in any way and I asked for three free tickets.”

The official, however, said that they could not compensate her with the tickets. Later, another official Wasif Mehmood approached her and apologised. She thought that was the end of it.

But by now PIA, the aviation division and the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) began discrediting Sara on their official Facebook and Twitter accounts.

More and more people were being tagged along and she started receiving rude messages and insults. Nazir, a student who manages the Twitter account named CAA Pakistan, also leaked the conversation he had with her.

“Ok, this lady who was fed by #PIA with fungus cookies (sic) wants to travel back on PIA flight as in compensation. What a moronic mohtarma!” one of his tweets read.

Meanwhile, PIA spokesperson Aamir Memon insists that an internal investigation has revealed that no such incident occurred during the flight.

“We have spoken to not one, but three crew members, and all of them testified that nothing of the sort happened. As a matter of fact, the bun was not even served in the part of the plane where the lady was sitting.”

He also alleged that the pictures were fake. “We, the PIA employees have been greatly hurt by this.”

Other aviation authorities say they have not come to any conclusion about the quality of food that was served to Malik and the matter is being investigated.

Sher Ali, an aviation division’s spokesperson, was at pains to explain why PIA used its official Facebook account to malign a passenger when the matter was still being investigated.

“You must understand that we were getting a lot of muck on Facebook,” he said. “PIA has strict quality control procedures and if anything like this has happened then the person responsible would be taken to task.”

Further, Ali said, Nazir operates CAA Pakistan’s account on a “pro-bono basis and he quit and left for higher studies abroad just yesterday.”

But this particular account has continuously been used for official purposes. Aviation Division and the CAA have used it to release notifications and pictures of prime minister’s special assistant for aviation Shujaat Azeem and other important information for months now.

“Our social media accounts are open for public. We cannot be held accountable for what people say there,” Sher said, when he was told about the type of comments being made against Sara.

Whatever the outcome of the inquiry, this is not the first time something like this has happened with the national flag carrier.

With rampant corruption in its purchase department, low quality supplies often make their way into a flight.

“Even if it’s just a matter of one piece of bread, management should have just apologised instead of going on the offensive,” a senior airline official said.

Sara, though, continues to receive rude messages. “It’s really sad but I am talking to my solicitor on how I have been harassed.”

Source: The Express Tribune
Abdullah
Registered Member

Post by Abdullah »

Social Media on fire;

And again Official_PIA did the same;

zerokool
Registered Member

Post by zerokool »

And the crèche are still in PIA.The social media strategy to handle a customer is completely gone wrong they should try to get him/her to Direct Messages privately. Perhaps the social media handler thinking its a conventional political tussle which can be won in public rather to solve the complain perhaps he dont have a vision to understand and handle complaint.

Even if she have demanded a compensation of business class tickets.....she can .....PIA is not entitled to give her the same....also you are not there to discredit the customer in public.....you should retain him/her by giving points or miles in AWARD PLUS CARD, maybe a one side upgrade ,maybe a local domestic ticket...... how could you go in public.....

Just look in to the opportunity PIA miss that even if they give 10000 points in AWARD PLUS CARD "The word of mouth" by her could lead to a seat purchased by someone who dont fly PIA, It can also make her a loyal customer.

BTW I like the Tribune Headline "A case of stale bread"

Would they allow the express tribune newspaper to be in PIA Flights #JustAsking #ThinkLikePIA
furqan_haider
Registered Member

Post by furqan_haider »

zerokool wrote:perhaps he dont have a vision to understand and handle complaint.
Surely he and most of PIA management do not have vision of any type ...
Just thinking, if these allegations by Sara are right, PIA have lost some more PIA loving pax out of its remaining Small customer base ... what a shame!!!! =D>
zerokool
Registered Member

Post by zerokool »

furqan_haider wrote:
zerokool wrote:perhaps he dont have a vision to understand and handle complaint.
Just thinking, if these allegations by Sara are right,
Even if Ms Sara is not right.....How could they tell people to be judge....rather ask her privately that they cannot entertain as they think she was wrong....then her decision she can go to solicitor in UK.....and prove it in courts.

The question is that if a traveller travel on PIA and have complain against PIA, PIA can go in Public full throttle to discredit the customer.
baberblues
Registered Member

Post by baberblues »

This airline has become a JOKE now. Really unprofessional
adamalikhan
Registered Member

Post by adamalikhan »

I'm sorry but who an earth having been served such food would simply take a few photos to share on social media the next day?

Surely you would mention it to the cabin crew and express your grave disappointment. (What they do about it is a totally different story) Even the calmest individual would have expressed disgust in such a manner that fellow pax would get to see and know about the incident.
Abdullah
Registered Member

Post by Abdullah »

Someone from PIA apologized ;

zerokool
Registered Member

Re: A Case of Stale Bread on PIA Flight

Post by zerokool »

Umar Farooq wrote:Someone from PIA apologized

Someone from PIA still not slowing down in Public :shock: Unnecessary importance to a trivial issue I hope they know UK have a law of huge fines on trivial offences

https://www.facebook.com/PakistanIntAirlines?fref=nf
Hamad
Registered Member

Post by Hamad »

Yes and they are posting videos from a Mock Up Cabin claiming that these seats were the same as operated on that flight :roll:
Best Regards / Wa´alaikumusalam
Abdullah
Registered Member

Post by Abdullah »

Hamad wrote:Yes and they are posting videos from a Mock Up Cabin claiming that these seats were the same as operated on that flight :roll:
This is PIA B737 cabin; aircraft were grounded months ago.

..and this is PIA Mock-up.

In my point of view, airline credibility being shot down! This is an amazing PR team which is directly fighting with a customer, no matter who is right or wrong. They are not using any legal channel and just loosing remaining supports from the public.
Hamad
Registered Member

Post by Hamad »

Thanks Umar for clarifying. I guess that the first was also a Mock Up because there were no seat belt signs, speaker etc over the seats (under the overhead bins) only lights.
I agree instead of handling the situation correctly they are making it worse with every post relating to that.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

I think both those videos were made in cabin mock-ups that apparently are without overhead bins.

The mock up in this video seems equipped with passenger cabin seats of an actual aircraft.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Hamad
Registered Member

Post by Hamad »

Thanks Abbas...I thought the same when I saw both Videos
Abdullah
Registered Member

Post by Abdullah »

Abbas Ali wrote:I think both those videos were made in cabin mock-ups that apparently are without overhead bins.
Agree with you. Thanks for correction.